Special Edition Models Mark 65 Years of Jeep Heritage and Capability
* Freedom, Adventure, Mastery and Authenticity are the hallmarks of the Jeep brand * 65th Anniversary Edition Jeep vehicles include popular and unique options * A new color - Jeep Green - is offered for the first time * Limited production vehicles can be ordered now
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 9 -- The Jeep(R) brand is celebrating 65 years of go anywhere/do anything capability with special edition models of the 2006 Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty and Jeep Wrangler, all equipped with popular and unique features. These limited production vehicles will be on display during press and public days at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show, February 8-19 at McCormick Place.
"Since they were first mass produced in 1941, Jeep vehicles have gone on to become the authentic benchmark for off-road capability," said John Plecha, Director, Jeep Marketing and Product Planning, the Chrysler Group. "Jeep vehicles have mastered more terrain, led more adventures and provided drivers more freedom than any other vehicle before or since. These 65th Anniversary Editions pay homage to the legend that is Jeep."
The Jeep 65th Anniversary Edition vehicles will be offered in Light Khaki, Dark Khaki, Bright Silver, Black and a new color, Jeep Green.
The MSRP of the Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary Edition is $28,880 for the 4x2 version and $30,880 for the 4x4 version. The 3.7-liter V-6 engine is standard; the 4.7-liter V-8 is optional. Features include:
* Power sunroof including CommandView(TM) Skylights * Monochromatic exterior appearance with body color door handles and rear license plate brow * Bright chrome bodyside moldings and tow hooks * Fog lamps * Cargo net * Unique 17-inch Wrench aluminum wheels with gray accents * Unique cloth seats with embroidered Jeep 65 logo * Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo * Unique center console accents * AM/FM 6-CD/MP3 radio * Unique Jeep 65th Anniversary badge
The Grand Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition is based on the Laredo E package. MSRP for the 4x2 vehicle is $28,755 and $30,725 for the 4x4 edition. Features (including the two engine options) are the same as those for the Commander 65th Anniversary Edition, except for the following:
* Power sunroof (CommandView Skylights are exclusive to Commander) * Unique 17-inch Ronin aluminum wheels with gray accents * Unique interior bezels
The Jeep Liberty 65th Anniversary Edition is based on the Sport C package. MSRP for the 4x2 special edition is $24,095 and $25,605 for the 4x4 edition. Features include:
* Power sunroof * Monochromatic exterior appearance with body color fascias and fender flares * Bright chrome bodyside moldings * Unique 16-inch Mechanica aluminum wheels painted sparkle silver * Unique cloth sets with embroidered "Jeep 65" logo * Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo * Unique console trim * Spare tire cover * Unique Jeep 65th anniversary logo
The Jeep Wrangler 65th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the X package. MSRP is $23,535. Features include:
* SunRider soft top * 15-inch Alcoa aluminum wheels * 30" x 9.5" Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires * Heavy duty Dana 44 rear axle * High pressure gas charged shocks * SIRIUS satellite radio with 1-year free service * 7-speaker system including subwoofer * Body colored fender flares * Full metal doors * Fog lamps * Unique center stack bezel * Unique two-tone seat with embroidered Jeep 65 logo * Unique floormats with "Jeep 65" logo * Unique 65th anniversary decal