Chrysler Group Announces Second Annual Chrysler PT Cruiser Owners' Event, November 22 at the L.A. Fairplex in Pomona, Calif.
Block Party Celebration being held at the end of Route 66
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 6 -- Thousands of Chrysler PT Cruiser owners and their families from across the country will cruise Route 66, "The Main Street of America," to the second annual PT Block Party, Saturday, November 22 at the Los Angeles Fairplex in Pomona, Calif. More than 10,000 participants are expected to attend the one-day event to celebrate their love of fun, cars, and the PT Cruiser spirit.
The Fairplex will be transformed into a '50s style neighborhood featuring the Mopar Speed Shop, a drag racing strip and roundtables with engineers and product experts of the PT Cruiser. The day will end with an outdoor musical extravaganza and fireworks finale.
"PT Cruiser owners are some of our most loyal and enthusiastic customers," said Tom Marinelli, Vice President-Chrysler Marketing, DaimlerChrysler Corporation. "What better way to thank them for their devotion to this vehicle than to host an event that celebrates all of the things that encompass the PT Cruiser lifestyle.
"The passion and excitement that PT Cruiser owners share for this vehicle truly demonstrates that there is nothing else like it on the road, and there is nothing like a PT Cruiser owner," Marinelli said.
The PT Block Party will give people a preview of concept PT Cruisers, historical Chrysler vehicles and an opportunity to experience the performance and capabilities of the full lineup of Chrysler vehicles. Attendees will be given the opportunity to test the power of various PT Cruisers at the drag strip, including the PT Cruiser GT model with a 220-horsepower High Output turbo engine, as well as PT Cruisers equipped with the new 180 horsepower turbo engine. Attendees also will be among the first to see the PT Convertible styling study. A two-year lease on the upcoming PT Cruiser Convertible, courtesy of Chrysler Financial, will also be raffled to benefit a local charity.
The one-day event will be packed with activities for the entire family including:
* The Mopar Speed Shop, where attendees can check out new products available for purchase or order, be the first to see new Mopar Performance Parts that will soon be available and participate in demonstrations.
* PT Turbo Drag Strip, where attendees will be given the chance to race the PT Cruiser GT on a special drag strip designed to showcase the power and agility of the vehicle.
* Engineering Roundtables with the engineers and product experts who created the PT Cruiser. Participants can ask vehicle questions, share ideas and viewpoints and give input on future models.
* PT Cruiser Custom Court, featuring 25 finalists of a PT Cruiser customization contest. Finalists will compete for a chance to have their vehicle on the cover of an upcoming issue of Cruiser Quarterly.
* Cruiser Kids Land with games, activities and other surprises for the youngest PT Cruiser enthusiasts.
* Driving courses, designed to test the performance and capabilities of the full lineup of Chrysler vehicles.
* The Callaway Golf Shop sponsored by Callaway Golf, featuring workshops and demonstrations, and offering participants the chance to try the latest equipment from Callaway.
* The Chrysler Gift Gallery, featuring the latest Chrysler and PT Cruiser themed apparel and accessories available for purchase on site.
* An outdoor musical extravaganza, featuring performances by Little Anthony and the Imperials ("Tears on My Pillow"), Rare Earth ("Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes"), Three Dog Night ("Celebrate"), The Association ("Cherish") and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels ("Devil with a Blue Dress On").
Since the Chrysler PT Cruiser's launch almost three years ago, hundreds of PT Cruiser enthusiast web sites and car clubs devoted solely to the PT Cruiser have formed across the country. The PT Block Party is the only owner gathering hosted by the automaker. The first event was held last year at Six Flags Great America outside of Chicago and was attended by more than 10,000 people driving more than 3,000 Chrysler PT Cruisers.
Those interested in attending or learning more about the PT Block Party should call 1-888-876-6464 or visit Chrysler.com.