Cooper Tires Recalled
• Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
• Models: Del-Nat Chaparral AP
• Number Involved: 1,848
• Dates of Manufacture: August - October 2001
• Defect: Certain size P265/75R15 and P265/75R16 tires may not have
adequate rubber coverage of the belt edge. When this condition exists, it may
eventually expose the belt wires, which could lead to belt degradation.
Remedy: Cooper is notifying its dealers/customers to have the tires replaced free of charge. The manufacturer has reported that distributor/owner notification began Dec. 10, 2001. Owners should contact Del-Nat Corporation at 1-800-489-7233 or Cooper Tire at 1-800-854-6288.
• (NHTSA Recall No. 01T018)