IROC Fact Sheet, Daytona International Speedway
Posted By Terry Callahan
WHAT: The 25th anniversary season of the True Value IROC series, race one of
Motorsports Editor, The Auto Channel
WHERE: Daytona International Speedway, 2.5-mile high-banked tri-oval.
WHEN: Friday, February 16, 2001 1:30 p.m. (local time)
BROADCAST: ESPN - Sunday, February 18 at 5 p.m.
WHO: 12 drivers, competing at the invitation of True Value IROC race organizers.
TRUE VALUE IROC XXV DRIVERS
- Kenny Brack CART FedEx Championship Series
- Jeff Burton NASCAR Winston Cup Series
- Eddie Cheever, Jr. Indy Racing Northern Light Series
- Mark Dismore Indy Racing Northern Light Series
- Dale Earnhardt NASCAR Winston Cup Series
- Scott Goodyear Indy Racing Northern Light Series
- Jeff Green NASCAR Busch Series
- Dale Jarrett NASCAR Winston Cup Series
- Bobby Labonte NASCAR Winston Cup Series
- Buddy Lazier Indy Racing Northern Light Series
- Ricky Rudd NASCAR Winston Cup Series
- Tony Stewart NASCAR Winston Cup Series
DISTANCE: 100 Miles, 40 laps (Yellow flag laps do not count.) No pit stop required.
PURSE: Total $1,025,000 with $250,000 awarded to the Championship based on points standings at the end of the fourth race.
LINE UP: Starting order and car color determined by draw.
Last Year: Dale Earnhardt over Tony Stewart by .124 second.
Text provided by George J. Signore